When talking to people who are trying to sell their house I’m often asked the question, “Why should I sell my house to you?”
That’s a great question and Before I answer I think that today’s homeowner has Three Great Options:
- They can list their house with a real estate agent
- They can try to sell the house themselves or
- They can sell their house to a real estate investor.
None of these choices is necessarily better than the others. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages. But an all cash sale is the one that takes all of the guesswork out of the process. As I explain each of the house selling scenarios you’ll quickly recognize the advantages of each.
But what if I told you that I can pay cash, I can close on the date of your choosing, you wont have to clean or fix your house and I will pay for all of the closing cost? What would you think if I told you that you dont need to pay a real estate agent a commission and that the Title Company will do all of the paperwork. Finally what would you say if my all cash offer was fair market value minus the cost of the repairs?
What if I told you that selling to me was a Zero Net Gain or loss compared to using hiring a real estate agent and a contractor. Oh by the way you dont pay me a commission and you dont have to manage me or the process. No Contractors, no meetings to pick out flooring or tile and best of all you dont need to spend tens of thousands of dollars that you may never get back. All we do is pick a date to sign and the Title Company gives you a check or wires you the funds.
I know… pretty good huh. But you are thinking… What and Where is the catch. I am going to say that maybe the Conventional Wisdom of the real estate world has taken hold. Maybe you are just used to doing things their way… After all, if you want you can spend tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege of cleaning and fixing your house, cing a sign in the yard and having a parade of people through your house and hope that one or more make an offer without financing and will not want you to fix anything and close on the day of your choosing…. Good Luck with that.
Here is what I say when asked Why Should I sell My House to You:
1. I’m fast. In many cases, sellers want to get their house sold quickly. Maybe they’re facing foreclosure or they’re settling a divorce. Sometimes the seller has moved because of a job and needs to sell the house quickly to avoid two mortgage payments. Or someone might have inherited a house and they can’t afford to or don’t want the aggravation of dealing with the repairs and marketing necessary to sell the house.
Most people who try selling their house themselves or through a real estate agent often find that it is anything but a “fast” process and in most cases they unnecessarily tie up their house with a listing agreement for at least 3 months. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to fix your house and sell your house at a significantly reduced price, in today’s real estate market you could find yourself waiting 6 to 18 months before you even receive an offer.
On the other hand, because I’m a Cash Home Buyer in Stockton with private funds I can often close a house purchase in 30 days or less.
[Read More: Comparing Cash and Financing Offers When Selling a Home]
2. My offers are flexible. I make my offer according to the seller’s needs. If the seller wants to close quickly, then I can accommodate. If the seller wants cash all at once or a monthly cash flow, I can do those, too. I can also make up past payments and take over current payments to immediately relieve money burdens on the seller.
I can be a lot more flexible with my offers than the “traditional” offers, sellers typically receive. That’s because I’m a CASH HOME BUYER IN Sacramento and I am not subject to Banking Regulations which follow lots of rules. I’m also aware of possible creative solutions to meet seller’s needs that the conventional buyer wouldn’t think of.
3. I’m open-minded. I might buy someone’s house when no one else will. In many cases, I buy houses that have fire damage, termites, mold, foundation problems, roof problems or that need major repairs. Houses with these conditions scare most buyers and real estate agents hate listing them because they know such houses just sit on the market and clog the MLS system.
[Read More: How to Sell When You Don’t Have the Time or Money for Repairs]
I enjoy talking to sellers with houses like these because I can see the house’s potential value after all the repairs are made. I’m also not worried about extensive repairs as long as the after-repaired-value of the house justifies the expenses.
So, back to the Original Question… “Why should I sell my House to you?” I don’t know that you will, I am just one piece of the puzzle and I encourage sellers to investigate all avenues of getting their house sold in the way that best meets their needs. If they decide that working with me to buy their house makes the most sense, then I’m more than happy to help.
Peter Westbrook is a Real Estate Investor and Author of many Real Estate related Articles. More: Cash for houses in California – how to sell your house for fast cash